When you move to a new city, there are various elements of change that you will have to deal with. No, we are not talking about all the moving services you will likely adjust during your residential moving quest. Today, we are going to focus on one aspect that could affect the way you look at your relocation on the whole. That’s right boys and girls; we are talking about dating. Since you will be working so much, you might as well take advantage of the online dating tools that are available to you. This blog will propel towards dating bliss with five proven tips for building a winning profile.
- Capture the audience: When you were looking through the different moving companies a few weeks ago, it was a catchy headline that drew you to the movers on MovingCost.com. So when you start to construct your profile, make sure that you use a headline that’s equally appealing. Instead of being mundane and using one that reads “Single and Looking,” try to be more creative. Say something like – “I got all dolled up for this!” This will be the thing that draws people in as they browse.
- Your picture says it all: Once someone ventures onto your page, one of the first things they will look for are pictures. It’s important that your main profile picture is a high quality one that shows of your best features. If you are going to add secondary photos, include ones of you riding a bike, climbing a mountain or even donating blood. Anything beats six photos of you sitting on the couch flashing a smile.
- Write a paragraph about yourself: So after your profile and fancy headline grabs someone’s attention, you have to keep it by writing creative and informative text. We know that writing about yourself can be difficult, so what should you say here? Instead of listing off all your hobbies and dislikes, be straightforward about your reasons for joining the site. Which one of these profiles would you be more attracted to. One that read, “I like to go fishing, hunting and partying on the weekends. Or, one where someone wrote, “I am new in town and tend to work crazy hours. I am hoping to meet someone to share the beautiful chaos of life with. Looking forward to hearing from you.” Yeah, it’s an easy decision isn’t it?
- Be direct! : While creativity and a play on words are always good, don’t forget to be specific as well. Although some people like to deny it, everyone has a “type”. If you know what you want, don’t be afraid to put it in your profile. This will save you from a lot of frustrating messages from those who you have absolutely no interest in. So if you are looking for a professional female between the ages of 18 and 35, then make sure you state that.
- Keep things fresh: One of the bets parts of having an online profile is that you can reinvent yourself by backspacing and a little copy and pasting if you life. If you notice that you are not getting the volume of responses that you want, don’t hesitate to change your pictures or switch up your text. You may also want to alter your privacy settings a bit so that you are more accessible. Remember, your goal is to connect with that special someone. That won’t happen unless they can find you first.